Baltic Dry Index Snaps 7-Day Losing Streak
July 29 (Reuters)– The Baltic Exchange’s primary sea products index climbed on Wednesday, after decreasing for 7 successive sessions, as prices for bigger capesize as well as panamax vessels recovered after a collection of decreases.
* The Baltic completely dry index, which tracks prices for ships transporting completely dry mass products as well as shows prices for capesize, panamax as well as supramax vessels, climbed 53 factors, or 4.2%, to 1,317.
* The Baltic capesize index obtained 145 factors, or 7.3%, to 2,137. The index had actually uploaded losses in the previous 7 sessions.
* Average everyday profits for capesizes, which commonly transfer freights of 170,000 tonnes to 180,000 tonnes, consisting of iron ore as well as coal, leapt $1,197 to $17,721.
* The panamax index was up 30 factors, or 2.6%, at 1,166, finishing a 10-session losing touch.
* Average everyday profits for panamaxes, which generally bring coal or grain freights of regarding 60,000 tonnes to 70,000 tonnes, raised by $271 to $10,491.
* The supramax index dropped 7 indicate 890. (Reporting by Shreyansi Singh in Bengaluru; Editing by Ramakrishnan M.)
( c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020.